Skills & Abilities
- Tools: Git, Mercurial, Visual Studio Community, Travis CI, Appveyor, and CodeClimate (code analysis)
- Systems: Windows, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, and Arch)
School Technology Assistant | Summer 2015-Summer 2016
- Helped design and facilitate one-week training for new students on using Windows and Google Apps.
- Helped school transition to from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps.
- Helped maintain Windows laptops by identifying and troubleshooting broken computers.
- Was on call as tech support for teachers and students.
Technical Writing | EDGI | Summer 2017
- Contributed to Environmental Data Governance Initiative projects remotely with GitHub.
- Tested installation documentation for various EDGI projects and helped update it.
Engineering Intern | 8x8 | Summer 2018
Capstone project in web security | Winter 2015-Summer 2016
- Wrote software for capstone project that detects attempts to commandeer accounts on websites.
- Software warns users before their account is taken over and guards websites against leaked passwords
- Gained better understanding of how to build asynchronous systems in Python through the project
Computer Vision Experiments | Spring 2015-Summer 2016
- Utilized dead reckoning to build a robot that can sense and map the location of obstacles.
- Trained robot to triangulate its location using a camera and QR codes.
Auto Configuration Software | Spring 2016
- Designed software for Technology Assistants to expedite setup of school laptops.
Organizing Software for Handwritten Notes | Summer 2017-Spring 2018
- Created a piece of software that uses computer vision to help organize handwritten notes.
Software to Find Similar News Articles | Summer 2017-Present
- Writing software to identify multiple news reports on an event or topic when given one.